For the last two years, the nationally renowned COCHON555 has been a 5-pig, 5-chef, 5-winery touring competition that connects social media outlets to talented farmers and chefs with an emphasis on whole animal utilization. In 2011, COCHON555 will celebrate the butcher through a cutting competition pitting two highly skilled individuals against each other. Each will have 40 minutes to cut a skin-on, headless half-pig into chops, cutlets, and roasts per an assigned cut sheet, and an additional 20 minutes to creatively utilize the pig head for a preparation of their choosing
We are seeking only the nation's very best butchers and meat cutters – those profoundly experienced in taking a carcass all the way into kitchen-ready retail cuts – for our competition. Perhaps you currently work in a supermarket, a retail shop, a packing company, or a slaughterhouse, but you must cut meat for a living (sorry, no chefs or hobbyists; you must pull a paycheck as a butcher/meat cutter.
We are looking for underwriting partnerships; please contact email@example.com if you want to be involved.
Submit a TWO MINUTE video demonstrating your proficiency in three areas of meat cutting: boning, trimming/slicing, and tying. Please keep the video short – two minutes or less is sufficient. Please submit your video before each regional deadlne. Deadlines are listed below the submission form, our first step in the process.
Complete your video:
- TO ENTER: Complete the submission form below and submit video via email or YouTube NEED HELP? CLICK HERE
- Questions about the contest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we receive your video, we will post them on YouTube here
- Videos can be High Definition but not needed
- Up to 10Mb in size (larger videos need to be posted directly to Youtube)
- Up to 2 minutes in length (video longer than 2 minutes will not be viewed)
- Videos can be posted directly to Youtube, send us the link
- A wide variety of formats are accepted
- One technique
- Can be pre-existing footage
- Good lighting, video quality and audible sound
[ TEN ] COCHON 555 events running from January until June across the country: Dates and cities are subject to change.
The winners for each competition will be announced at Grand Cochon in Aspen.
New York - 1/23, deadline Jan. 5th
Boston - 1/30, deadline Jan. 10th
Seattle - 2/20, deadline Jan. 20th
Napa - 3/6, deadline Feb. 5th
Washington DC - 3/13, deadline Feb. 10th
Chicago - 3/20, deadline Feb. 10th
Denver - 4/3, deadline Mar. 10th
Los Angeles - 5/1, deadline Mar. 10th
NOLA - 5/28, NOWFE deadline Mar. 10th
San Francisco - 6/5, deadline Mar. 10th
25% knife handling and dexterity of roast tying
25% presentation of oven-ready retail cuts
25% creativity and presentation
Send all submissions to email@example.com. Only finalists for each geographical area will be contacted.
Once we receive your video, we will post them on YouTube here.